VolunteerMatch Ghana Privcacy Policy
- Your name, email address, contact details, gender, date of birth, dietary requirements, relevant medical background, nationality, school, emergency contacts details, travel insurance details and criminal background; and
- Details of volunteer programs you have either participated in or enquired about, including your travel details, program feedback and testimonials.
What we do with your informationWe collect, hold, use and selectively disclose personal information about you in order to administer the function of selecting you as an eligible volunteer and placing you on one of our programs with an Independent Local Team, providing the most suitable customer service, or promoting volunteer safety. In the performance of our normal business activities we may use your information in the following ways:
- To review your suitability for a selected volunteer program via an automated or manual method.
- To enable an Independent Local Team to make arrangements necessary for your volunteer program.
- To contact you through a range of mediums to discuss any engagement you may have had with us, including your confirmed volunteer program, any feedback you may have provided, or any other service you have requested us to perform.
- To allow a listed emergency contact or insurance provider to be updated about any details regarding your program, including sensitive personal information in circumstances involving emergencies or concerns about volunteer safety where it is appropriate for them or VMG to act on your behalf.
- To meet the requirements of an institutional relationship or insurance policy.
- To make improvements to our programs, our website, applications and marketing, and to provide insights that help us to meet your needs better.
- To promote our volunteer programs. Feedback and testimonials provided, along with your name and images shared by VMG volunteers may be used for marketing and promotion purposes.
- To produce research and analysis for the purposes of measuring and communicating the impact of volunteer programs on individuals. The outputs of these activities will be presented at an aggregate level only and will not be attributable to any particular individual.
- Data relating to criminal offences is not shared with any national law enforcement bodies.
- Presenting to you information that we believe will be of interest and relevance, through a range of marketing and communication channels.
- Identifying and recommending volunteer programs or associated services that we think may be of interest to you.
- Enhancing, modifying personalising or otherwise improving your experience of our website, marketing or communications.
- To better understand the effectiveness of our website, marketing and communications with you. We may choose to market and promote this information to you via a wide range of mediums based on personal information held.
Whenever we process your data for this purpose we will keep your personal information rights in high regard and take steps to safeguard personal information. You can opt-out of receiving marketing information, or allowing us to process your information for these purposes at any time by using ‘unsubscribe’ links, or contacting us directly.
We process this personal information on a number of legal grounds, including with your consent, for the purposes of providing services to you under an existing or potential contract, to comply with legal obligations imposed on us, to protect your vital interests (for example, in the case of medical emergencies) and / or for our legitimate interests where these are not overridden by your rights.
Who we share your information with
We will only use your personal information within VolunteerMatch Ghana for the purposes for which it was obtained. We do not provide your personal information to other third-parties without a lawful ground for that disclosure. We will not, under any circumstances, share or sell your personal information with any third party for their own marketing purposes, and you will not receive marketing from any other companies, charities or other organizations as a result of giving your details to us. Where your personal information is transferred to a third party in a different region, we ensure that suitable safeguards are put in place to ensure your personal information and rights are protected. We may share your personal information with: Internal stakeholders: In order to undertake the processing as set out above, our normal business and to provide you with a high quality of service and support, we may disclose your personal information to our employees, directors, contractors or approved third-party service providers located either in Accra or different parts of Ghana.
Independent Local Teams: These organisations are independent from VolunteerMatch Ghana and access the personal information of volunteers via our secure database for the purpose of arranging and providing in-country services. We have safeguards in place to ensure that these Independent Local Teams protect your personal information and only use this as authorised by VolunteerMatch Ghana.
Your emergency contact or insurer: In some circumstances, such as in emergencies or when volunteer safety is a concern, it is appropriate for VolunteerMatch Ghana to share your personal information with your listed emergency contact or your insurance provider.
Your university or school: Where a volunteer applies using a school or university email address, or indicates that they are a student of an educational institution, we may share your name, contact details and the program details with this institution. We do not allow these external organisations to use your data for their own purposes or disclose it to other third parties without our consent and we will take all reasonable care to ensure that they keep your personal information secure. We will also comply with legal requests where disclosure is required or permitted by law (for example to government bodies for tax purposes or law enforcement agencies for the prevention and detection of crime).
We respect your right to know details about the information we hold about you, and to correct any inaccuracies in our records. You have the right to withdraw your consent to our processing of your personal information at any time, the right to request the personal information we hold about you is rectified, that any of our processing is restricted and the right to data portability. You can also choose not to provide us with some of the personal information we request, however this may result in us being unable to provide you with all of our services. Please contact us for further details about any of these rights.